Monday, June 16, 2008

The Saddles 9($$)

The Saddle

The Saddle is a hard place to get too. You can see the balcony from an alley way but there is currently no way to get into the square without climbing your way through a construction site. The surprising this is that the restaurant is full any given night. Saddle’s microbrews their own beer and their own whiskey; the brewery and the bar are located on the ground level. If you go upstairs there is a nice restaurant with a large outdoor patio. At one end there is a pool table. Kris and I went just to get some Chips and Guacamole two huge Margaritas and play some pool. Our game was terrible and probably the worst game I ever played. But the chips were very good, though a little shy on the guacamole. I assume Avocados are very expensive here in China. It was a fun place to spend a very nice night. I would recommend it to anyone. If you want to go here it’s behind China doll and you have to access the alley around the corner of a clothing mall.

Overall I give Saddles a 9 out of 10 for fun, but I didn’t really eat all the much. And my huge margarita only had two shots of tequila, it wasn’t enough.

For price Saddle gets a $$, its a little expensive for a restaurant in China but its good.

I now get to rate Saddle for taste because we have now actually eaten here. This time the guacamole was not as good, but Kris' tacos carnitas were good and my enchiladas were very cheesy. It was good, I rate Saddle a 8 for taste. Hey it's Mexican food, the scale doesn't go that high, but it is always satisfying.

No comments: