Monday, January 21, 2008

Oriental Buffet 7 ($$)

Oriental Buffet

There is certainly a time and a place for buffets. For instance, Las Vegas would not be as beloved a vacation destination without its all you can eat buffets. In this instance my husband and I ventured to this restaurant on the recommendation of an acquaintance. This acquaintance of mine is the wife of the local Chinese Restaurant Produce and Meats Supplier. I periodically ask her if there are any new places worth visiting in the area; on one occasion she recommended Oriental Buffet because “they always buy the best”.

The Oriental Buffet, does in fact boast a broad menu, some dim sum, hot and cold rice and noodle dishes, many of the common meat dishes like sweet and sour pork, general chicken, broccoli beef ect. But it also has a sushi bar, and a Mongolian barbeque bar.
The food was as I expected, the more usual fare as far as quality of the cooking, but there were a few more exotic numbers as well.
For instance fried frog legs, thousand year old eggs, and langoustine, which is basically a large shrimp with claws.

Overall I give The Oriental Buffet a 7 out of 10, it neither exceeded my expectations nor did it disappoint me in any way. It was just as I expected.

For taste I give this buffet a 5 for the same reasons as stated above. In general I don’t really believe buffets can ever exceed a rating above a 7 in any category. I mean lets be honest, it’s a buffet, so we are eating there because its a lot of food for a relatively cheap price.

Which does bring me to price. For cost Oriental Buffet receives a $$ for two people. I believe that is very competitive for the buffet market.

Also of note:

this buffet has a very nice banquet room for parties, and large family gatherings, I did not inquire to how many people it would accommodate but I should think a party of 20 or so would be comfortable in there.

They do take out, probably not as good a deal as the all you can eat, call for prices.
located on Broadway, Sacramento

No comments: